9.09.2010

Blog #4: Icons Loop

Intro:
My seven-year-old self watched as my dad walked onto the plane to Florida. I was worried-I knew he wouldn’t be back for years and I didn’t know how to make it without him. Throughout my life the key happiness and lifting my spirits was when I would rest in his arms. He left me with three things that would have to replace him until I could rest in his arms again: good food, good morals, and damn good music.
Outro:
My dad watched as I walked onto the plane back to San Diego. Seeing him has been great, but I knew I was ready to go home. He knew that I wouldn’t be back for a while, but he wasn’t worried, and neither was I. The experience I had with him over the course of my life taught me something. I had learned the only real key to happiness, in my personal opinion. People are so focused in this world on the tangible: Money, cars, and huge houses, are just a few of the things people need to feel happy. You’d be surprised what the thoughts in our minds can do; it can be a lot more that the tangible if you give them a chance. Have you ever tried to let yourself make you happy?

I chose this opening and closing because they relate to each other a lot so it brings the reader somewhere familiar in the end, but then it pops a question that they have to think about. The close ties together with my big ideas by asking specifically, can you make yourself happy? That was the big idea i wanted to get out of this writing. I hope the reader realizes that they don't need tangible things to make them happy, they just need themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment