9.14.2010

Blog #5: Questions about our writing...

I think the "big idea" portion of the American Icons Statement was the most helpful for me. My big idea was intending to help people out and i think i accomplished that. It feels good to be able to tell the world how i feel about happiness and that we don't need things like icons, to make us happy. For me, the most helpful writing tip has been the loop. It really made me realize how conclusions were just a bunch of BS that is just repetitive and boring. I really like the idea of the outro making the reader think a lot.

For me, fitting everything into one page is challenging. I am the kind of person that likes to write a lot when i really get into it, which i did for this project. It is hard to talk about so much and fit it into such a small place. The Watch Those Adverbs tip was in a way a challenge to me, but in a way very easy. I don't use adverbs that often because i realize they dont add much to the writing. But this tought me that adverbs can be helpful when used right which i am now trying to do.

Outro:
My dad watched as I walked onto the plane back to San Diego. Seeing him has been great, but I knew I was ready to go home. He knew that I wouldn’t be back for a while, but he wasn’t worried, and neither was I. The experience I had with him over the course of my life taught me something. I had learned the only real key to happiness, in my personal opinion. People are so focused in this world on the tangible: Money, cars, and huge houses, are just a few of the things people need to feel happy. You’d be surprised what the thoughts in our minds can do; it can be a lot more that the tangible if you give them a chance. Have you ever tried to let yourself make you happy?

1. What is the difference between the plane your dad was on during the intro, and the one you are getting on?
2. How does your, "big idea", relate to your icon?
3. How did you come to feel this way about happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment